Monday, October 31, 2011

Treats for the Trick-or-Treaters

For Halloween this year I made some Cake Pops for the small amount of trick-or-treaters that would come by our place.

What you need:
  1. I used a yellow cake mix but you can use whatever kind of cake that you would like.
  2. Bake cake according to directions.
  3. Let Cool
  4. Crumble into a LARGE bowl (this is crucial because it will FILL a large bowl
  5. With two forks mix any kind frosting that you would like. I used 16oz of double fudge frosting
  6. You know it is completely mixed in when only the frosting color shows through and you can not see any cake
  7. Use a cookie scoop to from perfect sized balls
  8. Freeze for one hour
  9. In the middle of the cake ball place a lollipop stick
  10. Roll into melted chocolate
  11. Decorate however you would like

This was the decorated result. After I dunked the cake in chocolate I sprinkled them with some orange sprinkles.
In order for them to be transportable I put them in some festive halloween baggies.
Hopefully all of my little goblins will enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment